Precision Cold Forging Progressive Stamping is a unique manufacturing process, combining the benefits of conventional precision metal stamping with standard cold forging. This technology can effectively integrate many sub-processes such as blanking, drawing, forming, piercing, bending, ironing, upsetting, extrusion and trimming to streamline the creation of complex parts within a single unified design and production approach.
This provides our customers with excellent alternatives to machining, die casting, fine blanking and metal injection molding (MIM) and can reduce lead-times, improve production output and lower costs.
Since 1997, Interplex has been the industry pioneer and leading innovator in the use of precision cold forging progressive stamping to cost-effectively create complex precision parts for a wide range of industries including automotive, datacom & telecom, printing & imaging, and many others.
Benefits of Precision Cold Forging Progressive Stamping
- An alternative to conventional manufacturing methods such as machining, sintering, die casting, etc
- Significant cost savings
- Enables stable and consistent process for creation of complex 3D precision parts
- Produces parts that are more rigid with close tolerances, sharper corner edges and better surface flatness
- Reduces manufacturing lead-time and improves production efficiency
Features Achievable with Precision Cold Forging Progressive Stamping
- Complex 3D shapes
- Varying thicknesses
- Almost 100% clean shear with sharp corners
- Reduced material thickness after bending
- Small diameter deep draw (Up to 3 times material thickness)
- Smooth surface finish