Interplex’s extensive plating and electroplating expertise enables us to offer unique product design, prototype and production capabilities to our valued customers. Advanced surface engineering processes, such as electroplating, are used to protect, improve the appearance, insulate; or increase the corrosion protection, conductivity, solderability, or modify the surface of the substrate material.
Our electroplating capabilities are specifically adapted for application-specific processes including:
- Deposition of a wide range of coating materials
- Reel-to-reel manufacturing optimized for high throughput
- Selective deposition to provide localized coating on complex components
Our vertically integrated value chain and the ability to control the quality of all components is of utmost importance in the global markets that we serve, where the highest quality control and high-volume yields are keys to success.
Integrated Plating with Design
Integrated plating with design and other manufacturing process minimizes overall time to market while reducing costs, thereby augmenting our customer’s competitive advantage and position in the markets they serve.
Pioneer in Lead-free Plating
Interplex is pioneering Lead-free plating alternatives utilizing IndiCoat™, our very own whisker mitigating chemistry, combined with state-of-the-art in-line reflow technologies to meet new environmental regulations.
Interplex’s laboratories and quality control organizations are fully equipped with state-of-the-art instruments such as atomic absorption, ionic chromatography, X-ray fluorescence thickness measurement, video microscopes, cross-sectioning equipment, steam aging, salt spray test equipment, metallurgical microscopes and so on, in order to assure maintenance and consistency of high-quality plating.
Our Electrodeposition Capabilities
- Automated rack and barrel plating
- Controlled depth plating – Pre and post plate
- Lead-free plating alternatives
- Overall plating – Pre and post plate
- Phosphorus electroless Nickel plating with co-deposit Teflon
- Selective brush plating – Post plate
- Selective stripe plating – Pre and post plate
- Selective spot plating – Pre and post plate
- Wire bondable plating
Materials Used (Precious and Non-precious Metals)
Types of Packaging
- Pancake coil
- Traverse wound spools