Interplex cares about the impact our operations have on the environment and communities around us. We constantly strive for a sustainable future, and are committed to protect our people and the ecosystem we live in. As a responsible solutions provider, Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) excellence is fundamental to who we are. We hold ourselves to the same high expectations and standards in the locations we operate in globally.
Read more about our initiatives to create a safer and sustainable future together below.
Safety Today to See Our Tomorrow
- 36% of locations had ZERO injuries in FY21
- 33% reduction in injuries between FY20 and FY21
Conserving Water for Our Future
- Reduction of 43ML (or 4%) from 1,101ML in 2019 to 1,058 ML in 2020
Controlling Emissions for a Cleaner Climate
- 4.85% reduction in tons of CO2 emitted per sales dollar since 2019
- 7.89% reduction in CO2 emissions from 2019 to 2020
- Find out more about our Tree Planting Initiative
Reducing Hazardous Waste to Care for Our Environment
- The hazardous waste generated by our production processes includes chemical, sludge, resin and solid wastes. Non-hazardous waste mainly comprises metal scraps.
- In 2020, we had 6,694 metric tons of hazardous waste, and 45,211 metric tons of non-hazardous waste. We had 6.6% less total waste in 2020 compared to 2019.
- Find out more about our Plastics Reduction Initiative
Ensuring Compliance to Environmental Management System (EMS) Standards
- 89% of locations have EMS certified to ISO 14001:2015, as at 2021
- Our goal is to attain 100% (all locations) certification by the end of 2022
Ensuring Compliance to Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) Standards
- 21% of locations have OHSMS certified to ISO 45001:2018, as at 2021
- Our goal is to attain 50% (by location) certification by the end of 2022, and 100% (all locations) certification by the end of 2024
Saving Energy for a Sustainable Environment
- 37% of our facilities in China have solar panels installed
- 50% of our global facilities have 100% converted to LED lighting systems
- 72% of total lighting across our global facilities have converted to LED lighting
- Find out more about our Sustainable Energy Initiative