Interplex group is a leading multinational technological manufacturer providing Build to Print and Build to Specification solutions supported by full-fledged manufacturing capabilities and services. Our design services, prototyping and advanced production capabilities have been recognized by many tier one and tier two brands / companies throughout the world. We are headquartered in Singapore with global footprint in 13 countries. Serving our customers across diverse industries, with passion and offering “Any Solution, Anywhere” we design, engineer and deliver advanced applications development and manufacturing solutions across our 32 manufacturing sites.
This role will be part of the Battery Interconnect Application team and work closely with Product Manager, Sales and Business Development personnel to develop/design/support new applications with our direct customers. Participate in the early stages of product development including interface directly with customer to establish product specifications and/or define product requirements.
- You will be part of the Battery Interconnect Application team and work closely with Product Manager, Sales and Business Development personnel to develop/design/support new applications with our direct customers.
- Participate in the early stages of product development including interface directly with customer to establish product specifications and/or define product requirements.
- Provide concept design proposals from customers’ initial requirements by applying the most advanced technologies that are in line with our company’s manufacturing capabilities.
- Perform various components design for battery interconnect system.
- Perform Joule Heating/Current Density simulation and thermal analysis for battery interconnect at both component and subsystem levels.
- Take the concept design proposals to detailing design and prototyping samples phases.
- Conduct design review sessions with internal key team members and also with outside customer.
- Support product development and manufacturing engineering teams’ transition from post prototyping through production stages.
- Create GD&T drawings for prototype parts/assemblies.
- Lead design validation and testing efforts per customer’s requirements.
- Work with global cross-functional teams as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
- Min 4+ years of relevant experience in HV Battery systems and/or Energy Storage Systems.
- Experience working with CAD design tool SolidWorks or similar 3D software CATIA, NX, and Inventor.
- Experience with CFD simulation tools such as SolidWorks Flow and/or ANSYS Thermal Analysis.
- High level technical understanding of EV Battery modules and packs.
- In-depth knowledge of both electrical and mechanical components interface within HV battery systems.
- Experience with metal stamping, plastic molding, and dielectric materials selection is a plus.
- Strong experience with modeling of thermal systems and be able to optimize the design from simulation results.
- Experience with Tolerance Stack-up Analysis.
- Good analytical and problem solving is highly desired.
- Ability to work well with global teams and self-motivated.
- Great attention to detail and effective communicator is a must.
- Willing to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally.