The CompanyInterplex group is a leading multinational technological manufacturer providing Build to Print and Build to Specification solutions supported by full-fledged manufacturing capabilities and services. Our design services, prototyping and advanced production capabilities have been recognized by many tier one and tier two brands / companies throughout the world.
We are headquartered in Singapore with global footprint in 13 countries. Serving our customers across diverse industries, with passion and offering “Any Solution, Anywhere” we design, engineer and deliver advanced applications development and manufacturing solutions across our 32 manufacturing sites.
Brief DescriptionThe Industrial Business Development Manager will have the responsibility to partner with key NA Industrial customers to provide technical support; and, engage with the IPD and TIC teams to present solutions on product design and new concepts. The core responsibility will be to identify and close new business opportunities at targeted customers. This is a technical role in nature with a focus in customer design requests. Overseeing the technical needs to key accounts, this role also covers the need to seek new opportunities in the industry, whether by customer request or applications introduction concepts.
- Manage and lead sales actives to meet/exceed the sales budget.
- Develop account penetration plans, including competitive landscape and available prospects in the market.
- Work closely with the IPD and TIC teams to provide technical solutions to customers.
- Partner with customers to develop and build on customer’s design request.
- Provide technical support to the customers to help bridge customer requests, through design to valid outcomes.
- Develop and own customer relationships with key accounts.
- Partner with the product management team to set product line strategy and direction.
- This role will require domestic and some international travel.
- Flexible schedule is required to balance communication and partnerships in different time zones and globally.
- Primary office will be in the Detroit Area.
- Engineering Degree or similar Technical Degree.
- 5 years working experience in the interconnect industry; including selling, mechanical design or manufacturing and industrialization.
- Experience within the Industrial segment, specifically with key NA OEMs.
- Proven strong partnerships with customers to provide specifications for design and DFM feedback.
- Demonstrated business acumen.
- Operations and manufacturing background a plus.
- Solid established network within the industry.