The CompanyInterplex group is a leading multinational technological manufacturer providing Build-to-Print and Build-to-Specification solutions supported by full-fledged manufacturing capabilities and services. Our design services, prototyping and advanced production capabilities have been recognized by many tier one and tier two brands / companies throughout the world.
We are headquartered in Singapore with global footprint in 13 countries. Serving our customers across diverse industries, with passion and offering “Any Solution, Anywhere” we design, engineer and deliver advanced applications development and manufacturing solutions across our 32 manufacturing sites.
Job DescriptionInterplex is looking for an Injection Molding Engineer to assist the product development team with injection molding tool concepts. You will be required to set up and assist in the start-up for production of mainly new product, and also change-over and maintain molding machines, molds, material and their processes to produce quality products for internal and external customers in a safe and productive manner.
- Provide directions on best practices and design for manufacturing (DFM) from quotation phases up to product launch.
- Provide assistance in layout, development and best practices of high tech injection molding components.
- Develop setup documentation, gaging, special tooling and associated storage systems
- Be responsible to validate the production process and hand over to production department.
- Define tooling specification and maintenance plan
- Define spare part list, develop and oversee mold maintenance area.
- Assist in development of robot EOAT and programs.
- Assist in development of post molding fixtures and assembly besides the press processes.
- Provide daily work direction and training to molding area employees where applicable.
- Inspect molded components to confirm quality.
- Develop, and sustain mold specific setup and equipment setup processes to include gantry robot program development and or optimization.
- Drive continuous improvement activities.
- Mentor and train other personnel on injection molding, and the auxiliary processes.
- Troubleshoot the manufacturing process to diagnose and resolve anticipated or actual manufacturing problems that may affect product quality.
- Advise team on mold repair and or enhancement strategy.
- 12 years of experience in a lead process development role or Associates degree in applicable field and equivalent work experience
- Ability to process new tooling and provide feedback during development with an emphasis on process optimization
- Experience in development and streamlining mold change over and work cell layout including auxiliary equipment
- Ability to work systematically in a continuous improvement environment by implementing improvements regularly.
- Ability to perform various operations under minimum supervision, while maintaining required levels of quality and quantity.
- Skill and ability to use precision measuring equipment.
- Ability to effectively understand and communicate technical information in both verbal and written form
- Personal computer skills.
- Availability to travel (around 40% abroad)
- Hands on ability, good communication and team work skills.
- Two years’ technical degree in related field
- Extensive experience using Scientific Molding practices
- Experience processing a wide range of different materials and additives
- Experience setting up and processing; hydraulic core pull, hot runner, cam, 3 plate, rack & pinion molds
- Experience setting up advanced processing; overmolding, 2-shot molding, in-mold decorating
- Experience proving-out new tooling
- Track record of continuous improvement
- Prior machine tool operation skill