Job SummaryThe Product Manager will be responsible for building, leading, and managing a particular product group within a global portfolio of products including developing the strategy and business plan, driving new product development, gaining cross functional alignment and driving the execution of the business plan. This individual will also be responsible for leading a cross functional team of specialist in support of the growth and development of their particular product family. The Product Manager will need to act with an entrepreneurial spirit and managing of their specific family of products with a GM mindset. This role requires strong strategic thinking and experience working across regions. With responsibility for overall product leadership in order to meet sales and gross margin targets this role must closely collaborate with colleagues in Marketing, Sales, Engineering and Operations.
What You Will Be Doing
Market Sensing & Strategy Development
- Translate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs and competitive landscape and determine new product and technology roadmap.
- Conduct market segmentation exercises and define specific strategies with value propositions that exceed customer expectations.
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Develop product roadmaps that align with business strategy
- Develop and manage Technology Partnerships
- Work with R&D and operations in the development of new products to meet current and future customer requirements.
- Manage the product lifecycles.
Develop Business Plan
- Define resource requirements necessary to execute the product roadmap
- Work cross functionally to define sales, technology and operations strategies and goals, in line with financial goals.
- Drive and build consensus on specific tasks within the product departments.
- Develop competitive pricing strategies with Sales and Operations.
- Develop the annual operating plan (Sales and standard margin)
- Develop an annual investment strategy (Capex)
- Engage with customers to better understand their needs and ensure our product plans are aligned to their strategic priorities.
Execution – New Product Development & Launch
- Plans product launches, including the development of marketing and sales plans .
- Provide demand forecast inputs to S&OP .
- Attend customer meetings in support of winning new business .
- Exercise thought leadership .
- Provide inputs to marketing communications for the development of collateral.
- Develop well justified business cases for new products with critical outcomes and ROI.
Execution – Post Launch Product Management
- Manage the P&L (sales and standard margin) for the assigned portfolio.
- Deliver sustained profitable growth.
- Provide Sales support: training, materials, samples, demos, lunch & learns, etc.
- Manage special price requests such as price erosion and cost downs.
- Track progress to the business plan and facilitate resolution to gaps.
- Be the champion for resolution of product issues (e.g., quality, delivery, etc.).
What your background should look like:
- 2+ years of product mgmt., sales, or marketing experience required, 5+ years preferred
- Experience with Power Interconnects is highly desirable- Bus Bars, EV, Battery Management Systems, eMotors and Power Lead Frames.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business required. Advanced degree (MBA) preferred.
- Ability to support frequent travel up to 50% regionally.
- Strong business acumen with an ability to understand technically complex concepts
- Creative and innovative thinker able to provide input on the development of the product strategies and the relevant business plans with the ability to execute
- Proven ability to multi-task and drive results in a dynamic, high paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, planning, organization, and teamwork skills.
- Experienced leader with an ability to influence cross functional teams and to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Advanced presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to foster understanding and acknowledgement of critical information both up and down the organization.