Technology & Innovation
Technology & Innovation
Press-Fit / Compliant Pins
A global leader in solderless Press-Fit Technology, Interplex has been producing press-fit stamping over the past decade. We are recognized as a global innovator in adapting compliant press-fit technology for a wide range of industry specific applications.
Unique selling preposition:
- Reduce or eliminate the need to perform secondary solder operations on PCB assemblies.
- Press-Fit joint is not subject to quality problems associated with solder such as cold spots, voids, splatter and cracks.
- Press-Fit joints are highly reliable.
- Press-Fit parts can be readily customized to enable package designers to meet their envelope and manufacturability targets.
- Material costs can be reduced when compared to pin and socket interconnects.
- The high strength of the press-fit joint eliminates the fretting risk associated with pin and socket interconnects.
- Precious metals are not required.
- Press-Fit Technology is RoHS compliant.
Our global manufacturing footprint vertically integrates press-fit stamping, plating, molding and assembly to provide the highest level of design flexibility, cost-effectiveness, and production scalability.
Interplex’s Product Development Team works with customers globally to develop compliant press-fit solutions for application needs. Examples: discrete terminals and connector assemblies, press fit PCB connectors, custom-molded packages and specialized assemblies. Interplex leverages its expertise in product design, applications engineering, manufacturing and automation to help customers create the proper turnkey solution for any particular application.
Interplex’s design, applications and manufacturing expertise integrates its press-fit technology into insert molded assemblies typically found in electronic packaging and connector technology.
Interplex is compliant to IEC 60352-5 industry specifications. We are qualified to the press-fit specifications of the largest users of press-fit pins in the automotive industry.
Press-Fit / Compliant Pin Technology
- Solderless Press-Fit Terminals for Automotive Applications
This technology supports the assembly of a terminal or electrical lead with a printed circuit board (PCB) plated-through hole, where an electrical connection is created and maintained without the application of solder.
- Custom Connectors with Compliant Press-fit Terminals
We use compliant Press-fit Technology to create connectors and headers that make custom interconnects directly from the PCB to a mating connector.
- Compliant Press-Fit Module and Sensor Housings
Manufacturers utilizes our Solderless Compliant Press-Fit Terminal technology in a variety of control modules and sensors. Our technology helps customers design-in low-cost, high-quality products by seamlessly integrating the complete connection system into the housing package. This eliminates the need for secondary soldering operations.
- Card-Edge SMT Press-Fit Connection System
Interplex’s SMT card edge connector system employs a discrete SMT component, creating a solderless press-fit edge card connector system for daughter card applications. It uses Interplex-tested and proven 0.4mm or 0.64mm press-fit product technology. Automotive manufacturers utilize Compliant Press-fit Terminal technology in control modules, switch assemblies, fuse receptacles, junction boxes, hybrid inverters, all types of sensors and connector assemblies, other engine and passenger compartment applications. Interplex’s Compliant / Press-Fit terminal, Solderless Technology is fully tested to meet the automotive industry’s stringent operating requirements for vibration and temperature.
- Solderless Press-Fit Pins and Terminals features:
- Press-Fit Zones: 0.4mm 0.64mm, 0.8mm, and 1.2mm
- Industry standard terminal sizes like .64mm, 1.5mm, 2.8mm, and 6.3mm available, as well as custom sizes
- Temperature: Qualified to 125°C and 150°C operational temperatures with options up to 175° C
- High conductive material options from 13-80% IACS
- Compatible with tin, silver, gold, and OSP circuit board finishes
- Designed for Low or High Speed Insertion
- Standard and High Performance Alloy Options
- Flexible Tooling for Low Cost Variations