The Automation Manager is responsible for the daily operation of Automated Systems and Electrical Equipment processes within facility. This position will engage with employees to assist and direct all automated and electrical work methods and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage medium to large process control system/equipment implementation, improvement, optimization, and expansion and upgrade projects to meet site objectives.
- Manage new process control/automation projects from the concept to commissioning and validation.
- Overseeing installs, troubleshooting, repairs / maintenance, commissioning and acceptance testing to a variety of equipment test including: PCs, controller networks, data acquisition / control the associated devices / equipment.
- Provide moderate to advance technical assistance to site operating groups through investigations, control system assessments and design support.
- Assist in preparation and execution of the validation/qualification protocols related to automated and mechatronic systems.
- Provides technical and non-technical feedback to validation personnel for the successful qualification of systems.
- Review & update and develop user requirement specifications, functional specifications, operation and maintenance manuals for the new and existing mechatronic systems.
- Work closely with IT groups as a cross functional team member to meet automation project objectives.
- Work with the plant, corporate and client personnel to resolve day-to-day production tasks/needs as they arise.
- Develops automation related SOPs.
- Assists with quoting projects
- Assist engineering team with automation and electrical initiatives on Capex projects.
- Performs training for users of the systems.
- Assists in establishing preventative maintenance requirements.
- As a member of the Interplex business development team, there will be other tasks that you will perform from time to time that cannot be anticipated in the description above.
- Create the Future
- Lead with Character
- Build through Teamwork
- Inspire Commitment
- Deliver Results
- Customer focus
- Strategic business perspective
- Developing trust
- Effective communication
- Managing change
- 7+ (minimum 5) years automotive industry working experience.
- Automotive Tier 1 or Tier 2 working experience preferred.
- Background in interconnect, stamping, plating or molding industry is preferred.
- Strong technical background in Automotive, Electronics and Manufacturing Industry with an in-depth understanding of automotive products and its manufacturing concepts.
- Experience with design of robotic systems, safety assessments, machine vision systems, CAD/CAM software, robotic simulation software, statistical programs.
- Deep knowledge/experience of PLC programming languages.
- Knowledge of Communication with products Like Sensors, LVDT, Safety Light Curtain, Vision system, Laser Marker will be preferred.
- Project Plan & Project Documentation.
- Sound Knowledge of GD & T, Machining Processes & Assembly Process.
- Fluent in English, additional language (German, French, Italian) is preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills, as well as a working knowledge of the other programs in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Must be an effective communicator with the ability to interface at all levels within the organization.
- Well verse in both written and spoken English as well able to speak French and Hungarian languages will be an added advantage.
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Systems Engineering or related science.
- Full driving licence is essential.
- Clean licence preferred.