Company DescriptionInterplex Industries is a global supplier of custom interconnect solution, Thermal management solution and electronic packaging solutions. Our diverse customer base includes automotive, Datacom, industrial, Medical and consumer electronics suppliers worldwide. Our technologies include stamping, molding, plating, etching, skiving, drawing and Fully Automation assembly of precision parts. The company has a strategic vision to expand its product development capabilities and is looking for the brightest and most creative individuals to help accomplish this vision.
Job BriefThe Product Design & Application Manager is responsible to build and lead the Global Energy application and Battery Interconnect design Team and responsible to work closely with Product Portfolio Director, Product Manager, Sales and Business Development personnel to develop/design/support new applications with our direct customers. The Team will Participate in the early stages of product development including interface directly with customer to establish product specifications and/or define product requirements.
You will report to the product Development VP and be relied upon to provide a high level of technical expertise in guiding technology, platform, strategic road mapping, analysis, customer interactions, and problem solving.
The successful candidate will be comfortable lead a team of about 6 engineers to drive product development and application coordinate with cross-functional stakeholders, such as Program Management, PPD, TIC, Operations, Quality, and other IPD Teams ensuring a timely launch of products. The ideal candidate must demonstrate leadership, have organizational skills, work well with others in a team environment, be able to define clear targets for individuals, and motivate team members in achieving goals. Additionally, the individual will need to prioritize between multiple tasks and projects and communicate progress effectively on the projects to all team members, program managers, PPD, and business leaders. The ideal candidate possesses both a high level of leadership capability as well a deep understanding of complex technologies in the area of Battery Interconnect for Automotive EV, Energy storage system for home and Industrial application.
- Plan and control product design & Application activities in order to ensure on time, on customer specification, on target cost, on quality and on manufacturability delivery of new products.
- Analyze, define, advise and implement the EV Battery Interconnect technological solutions for new products in order to reduce costs and ensure optimized industrialization processes product concepts from Customer Specifications or for internal initiatives.
- Develops, maintains, and improves a highly effective and well skilled staff to carry out actions to complete planned objectives.
- Possesses and provides technical product expertise to the extended enterprise to support the growth of the business.
- Work with functional partner groups to gain alignment & support to achieve project objectives.
- Establish yearly team and individual employees goals, ensuring the development and growth of both the team and individuals. Lead and conduct yearly performance review cycle.
- Hands-on involvement in all phases of product development, including concept, planning, development, and validation.
- Oversee and apply strong analytical and problem-solving methodologies including modeling and simulations aimed at guaranteed-by-design implementation.
- Lead/contribute in the definition of design inputs, creating design descriptions and specifications, authoring testing protocols, conduct and/or oversee testing, and issue resolution.
- Support/drive root cause analysis on Sustaining or NPI projects.
- Creation and ownership of engineering design rules and standards and promoting technical best practices.
- Support annual budgetary planning.
- This role will require traveling domestically and some international travel.
- Flexible schedule is required to balance communication and partnerships in different time zones and globally.
- Position is located in Arlington Heights Illinois
- MSc. degree in mechanical engineering or mechatronics required
- Minimum 15 years of relevant work experience in R&D related to EV battery interconnect system with minimum 5 years of people supervision
- Work experience in the Battery interconnect system in Automotive Business
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with product development with a proven track record of accomplishment: direct association with or leading efforts to develop technically complex products from concept to market
- Experience with successfully launching new products
- Experience with DFMEA, DFM, GD&T, statistical tolerance analysis, 6 sigma, 8D problem solving.
- Microsoft Office software experience: MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experienced with the latest mechanical CAD tools (e.g., SolidWorks), and the simulation tools are required
- Experience using a Product Data Management system such as Solidworks PDM
- Project planning skills and broad technology understanding
- Ability to work in fast pace environment.
- Strong sense of ownership, self-starter systems
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing processes including progressive stamping, molding, automatic assembly, and automatic inspection.
- Understanding and application of Quality System requirements, including IATF16949, and ISO 9001, and ISO 14001, and ISO 13485, and documentation procedures.
- Deep understanding of phase driven design approaches