The CompanyInterplex group is a leading multinational technological manufacturer providing Build to Print and Build to Specification solutions supported by full-fledged manufacturing capabilities and services. Our design services, prototyping and advanced production capabilities have been recognized by many tier one and tier two brands / companies throughout the world.
We are headquartered in Singapore with global footprint in 13 countries. Serving our customers across diverse industries, with passion and offering “Any Solution, Anywhere” we design, engineer and deliver advanced applications development and manufacturing solutions across our 32 manufacturing sites.
Brief DescriptionThe Product Portfolio Director will be responsible for building, leading, and managing a complex global product portfolio including developing the strategy and business plan, driving new product development, gaining cross functional alignment and driving the execution of the business plan. This individual will also be responsible for managing a team of global product managers located around the globe.
The Product Portfolio Director will need to act with an entrepreneurial spirit and manage the portfolio with a GM mindset. This role requires strong strategic thinking and experience working across regions. With responsibility for overall product portfolio leadership in order to meet sales and gross margin targets this role must closely collaborate with colleagues in Marketing, Sales, Engineering and Operations.
What you will be doingMarket Sensing & Strategy Development
- Translate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs and competitive landscape and determine new product and technology roadmap.
- Conduct market segmentation exercises and define specific strategies with value propositions that exceed customer expectations.
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Develop product roadmaps that align with business strategy
- Develop and manage Technology Partnerships
- Work with R&D and operations in the development of new products to meet current and future customer requirements.
- Manage the product lifecycles.
- Define resource requirements necessary to execute the product roadmap
- Work cross functionally to define sales, technology and operations strategies and goals, in line with financial goals.
- Drive and build consensus on specific tasks within the product departments.
- Develop competitive pricing strategies with Sales and Operations.
- Develop the annual operating plan (Sales and standard margin)
- Develop an annual investment strategy (Capex)
- Engage with customers to better understand their needs and ensure our product plans are aligned to their strategic priorities.
- Plans product launches, including the development of marketing and sales plans
- Provide demand forecast inputs to S&OP
- Attend customer meetings in support of winning new business
- Exercise thought leadership
- Provide inputs to marketing communications for the development of collateral.
- Develop well justified business cases for new products with critical outcomes and ROI.
- Manage the P&L (sales and standard margin) for the assigned portfolio
- Deliver sustained profitable growth
- Provide Sales support: training, materials, samples, demos, lunch & learns, etc
- Manage special price requests such as price erosion and cost downs.
- Track progress to the business plan and facilitate resolution to gaps
- Be the champion for resolution of product issues (e.g., quality, delivery, etc.)
- Manage and lead a multi-cultural team of product managers located around the globe
- Build, coach and develop individuals and teams
What your background should look like
- 10+ years of product management or sales experience
- Relevant product or industry experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business required.
- Advanced degree (MBA) and relevant P&L management experience preferred
- Ability to support frequent travel up to 50% (both regional and global)
- BSEE or MSEE (or equivalent) with min 5 years connector or high data rate signal transmission design and test experience.
- Working understanding of FAKRA, Automotive SPE connectors >10 Gbps, 40Gbps Ethernet, and RF transmission to 15GHz +
- Must have mechanical and product design aptitude.
- Connector systems such as: stackable/modular constructions, polarization techniques, environmental sealing, hybrid combined signal/power connector designs, cable shielding, extreme temperature, vibration, and shock.
- Demonstrated ability in S parameter, impedance, and Signal Integrity analysis, setup, and test.
- Work experience in the connector business including PCB, signal transmission, systems design, CAD 3-D design (Solidworks, ePDM preferred), design for manufacturability, and design to cost.
- Experience with DFMEA, DFM, GD&T, statistical tolerance analysis, 6 sigma, 8D problem solving.
- Microsoft Office software experience: MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of materials for high data rate, low dielectric constant, and severe environment.
- Demonstrated business acumen.